Savvy Search Our Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Advent Workshop—The Big Plan

This is the plan I have used for years. It is a casual evening. I provide a soup bar buffet. Guests mingle, eat, and craft.

Each craft station has a sign with step-by-step instructions and a finished sample. They are all simple, easy, do-it-yourself crafts. Each year I vary the crafts to keep things fresh. I also try to incorporate one service project.

Some of the children get together to practice a short skit. They read their lines from index cards. It is not fancy. Then we sing carols and have a wreath lighting demonstration.

I hang out in the wreath section to help people make wreaths. My kids make crafts and play with their friends. My husband hovers near the food.

Schedule of Events:
5:30 Arrival of Guests
5:40 Welcome, Prayer, and Explanation of Activities
5:45 Craft Centers and Buffet Open
6:45 Children’s Skit and Carols
7:00 Wreath Lighting Demonstration
7:15 Closing Remarks
7:30 Cleanup

Craft Centers:
Wreath Making
Jesse Tree Ornaments
Prayer Chains
Christmas Cards for Meals on Wheels
Christmas Story Bracelets

1 comment:

  1. just happened upon your website. I love it all, from the Christ Centered Christmas to the cheery font - it makes me want to read more! I couldn't ask for more - I will be back, often!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...